If, as the famous song goes, "I'm getting married in the morning...", a classic car - or even two - makes an excellent event-enhancing statement for the couple about to say, "I Do". Weddings are extra special one-off occasions. Everyone wants the proceedings to go smoothly as the day arrives and it is time for that much-anticipated milestone in your life. Having the right transport to arrive in is essential, and nothing beats a classic, head turner from yesteryear.
Your First Choice
First, decide on the classic wedding car of your dreams, not forgetting to have some sort of budget in mind. Then, ask yourself, do you want to self-drive, or is a chauffeur an absolute must?
Continuing to look at your options, you can select any of the following body types:
- Station Wagon
- Van or Truck
The last two make particular interesting statements on your wedding day, but who cares? You are the ones getting married. That leaves the location, and the type of transmission you prefer, meaning automatic or manual.
Dream Cars - Marital Bliss or Urban Myth?
There is a misconception that wedding automobiles have to be luxury vehicles. Keep in mind that this is your wedding, so your choice of wedding car needs to be as fertile as your imagination. Choose a car that will break all existing wedding rules, that is if you are open-minded and want to express your liberty. On the other hand, a vintage beauty is equally fine if you want to be more traditional.
Top Marques for Your Bucket List
There are many less traditional but trending wedding wheels and they are bound to hit the mark. These five cool classic wedding cars are sure to impress your guests thanks to their scarcity and unique design:
1. Any model Ferrari will do – It is red, wild, and as scarce as hen's teeth, but you don't have to be Italian to appreciate the fabulous Ferrari - definitely a top priority for your special day.
2. How’s your Karma? Karmann Ghia is a true rarity from the Karmann stable. Taken over by Volkswagen in the mid-20th century, the Ghia was among the most acclaimed vehicles of its time. Built between 1955 and 1974, this iconic roadster became the most imported car model in the US in its day.
3. The ubiquitous Volkswagen Beetle – The vintage ‘beetle’ may have been the most mass-produced car ever, but it is getting less common on the road and more popular at wedding events. Everyone is sure to love seeing off the special couple as they ride away in Herbie.
4. Austin Mini - It does not matter whether you opt for a period piece from the 1960s or for a more recent look-alike model. The 'Mini' will never go out of fashion. Britain's answer to the 'people's car' makes a grand entry and exit for the couple about to exchange vows.
5. Lamborghini Gallardo -These days Lamborghini is closely associated with the track and fast moving racers, but it was popular as a collectable back in the 1980s. Speed off in style with her veil flowing majestically behind the car!
The choice is yours, and we hope this article helps you plan the best wedding event ever. Go forth and enjoy!