1955 Porsche 550 Spyder Tribute
Hire this Porsche 550 Spyder Tribute for your event
Rent this classic German car in Monterey, CA.
- Renters must be 25 years or older, and have a valid U.S. drivers license and auto insurance. Additional drivers age 21 and older may be added to rental contract.
- Driving limit of 100 miles per day and $2 per mile thereafter.
- We provide hassle free delivery and pickup of your rental car to your hotel, vacation rental or location of your choice.
A $30 delivery fee will apply each way for deliveries within 10 miles of our location, and within our regular business hours (9:00AM to 6:00PM).
After hour deliveries are $50.
Deliveries outside of our delivery area will be charged the $30 plus $5 each additional mile. Additional charges may apply.
Rentals that must be delivered 30 miles or beyond must be rented for the full day (8 hours).
- We do offer roadside assistance within a 30 mile radius of our location. We will either swap out a different car, or arrange a ride for you. Refunds will be made when applicable.
- Chauffeur service is available for $50/ hour with a 4-hour minimum. Gratuity not included. Please allow us at least a week's notice so that we can make sure we have a driver available.
James Dean, iconic American actor, famously said "The prime reason for existence, for living in this world, is discovery." At MTV, we like to honor this notion by having a replica of Dean's infamous Porsche 550 Spyder in the fleet. Introduced at the Paris Auto Show in 1953, the 550 model was a superior race car in a period of icons, still celebrated today. Small and nimble, quick and powerful – this car had it all. Of course, Dean, a budding gentleman racer himself, had to have one of his own. Dubbed the 'Little Bastard" and numbered with #130 on the decklids, S/N 055 was a menace on the road and track. Sadly, it was also the car in which Dean fatally crashed at the CA Route 46/41 Cholame Junction on September 30, 1955. Ours is a tribute to the history of this beautiful car, while also offering modern creature comforts. Fitted with a 2.5L VW engine, 4-speed manual gearbox and excellent brakes, you'll feel comfortable in the cockpit. Moving fast and sounding great, making it a true Hollywood blast from the past.